I ordered this LED Color Changing Solar Wind Chime Light from an online company called FREE SHIP DEALS on November 12th of last year. I finally received it on Monday, January 14th. I guess I should have suspected the company – since they charged $8.95 for shipping when their name is “FREE SHIP DEALS,” but I really like the look of the wind chime.
This is what arrived. What looks like metal is silver colored plastic. The bottom is totally smashed. The ball is in three pieces and there is no way to put it back together.
This is what it was shipped in – a very light cardboard box with a plastic envelope covering. That is it. No protection for the box or the wind chime inside – all the way from China.
I had kept the several emails they sent. They advertise asking any questions, to email them at email@example.com I’ve been emailing them all week, telling them I would like a refund, since the product is unusable.
I went to their website, where they say,
“Refund and Return Policy
We are committed to provide our customers with the best online shopping experience & satisfaction. We welcome your feedback and try to enhance the shopping experience of our customers, while working on your feedback and we are always ready to go above and beyond for our customers.
How to Initiate A Refund
In case you are unsatisfied with the received purchase, we request you to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order details, and we shall revert back to you at the earliest with the details of return shipping process.
we are happy to assist you with returns subject to following criteria:
- The products should be purchased only from Freeshipdeals.com and not from any other retailer be it online or offline.
- Return request should be raised within 30 business daysfrom the date of delivery.We will not be able to offer a refund or exchange for any orders that exceed the 30 business day refund period.
- Products should be unused with all the tags and original packaging should remain intact and should be sent along with the products.
- Product should reach us in sellable condition.
- Kindly note that during a promotion, specific rules will apply for returning a promotional product or freebies if the correct product has been delivered, only in case we send a wrong product or wrong size we will accept return.”
Since I’m not paying to return trash to China – having to fill out a customs form, etc., PLUS they require the return be in “Sellable” condition – and they are not answering their emails, I guess I’m out the $26.00.
I’m thinking of hanging the trash up in my greenhouse as a reminder not to be taken in again.