Arkansas got the ‘summer memo’ about 3 weeks ago. We’ve been in the high 90’s with uncomfortable humidity since then. I have to tell you that spring and the 60s are where I am comfortable, so I visibly wilt as soon as I go outside.
We have a lot of sweat bands we keep on a special hook thingie on the back of the door to the garage. I grab two of them routinely because my husband needs one, too, but never seems to remember to get one. He wears a ham radio hat and I wear a hat that makes me look like a squashed mushroom to protect us from the direct sun.
I’m getting so that it FEELS as if I’m wearing a sweat band even when I’m not. It’s a regular part of how I look during the day and evening when we’re home working.
We grab a sweat band and head out the door. We come in, throw the sweat band in the washer, regular as clockwork.
I doubt if we’ll start a fad, though. You definitely need a sense of humor up here on top of our hill.
Today is a several-sweatband-day. I’m going to
- plant two celery plants in the square foot garden and cut stalks from the largest plant out there
- sweep the pooled water from the latest storm off the floor of the greenhouse
- prep for putting tomato suckers in water out there
- cut down some weed trees
- prune stuff in the trio of brick planters between the driveway and the front yard
- mow this evening when the sun is down a bit
I hope that you’re having a good Tuesday.