I’ve decided that, for the past week, I’ve been paying for ‘SOMETHING’ I did wrong – first, the wisdom tooth that needed to be extracted, and just as I’m almost over that, a really bad earache kept me up all night. I tried the heat pad, but that didn’t work. I tried some ear drops, and they didn’t work. I got up at 4:30, found some Sweet Oil and some Advil, got under my comforter in my recliner and read,holding the heat pad to my ear until I was sleepy enough to drop off. My husband came down to find me this morning, still asleep, light on, book and glasses on my chest.
The pain is mostly gone now – I think.
This morning was a really good time for us to test the new-to-us riding lawn mower we bought recently. When we tried it the first time, we found a tire was flat. After testing it carefully, we discovered it had cracks in the sides, so we ordered another one. The second test it ran a little bit, and then stopped. We discovered the clutch wheel was completely sheared off on one side and the gas tank was leaking. We ordered both of those.My husband put those in yesterday. My husband also filled another tire that was flat yesterday. When we checked it this morning, it was still good! We had a little bit of trouble starting it, but we finally did. My husband went around and around and then pointed to me.
I’m always intimidated by new stuff. I’m afraid it will bolt, or I’ll do something stupid. I got on, it bolted, but my husband showed me how to slow it down. I mowed the rest of the front lawn and the back, gritting my teeth most of the way. It doesn’t turn quickly, so we’re adapting to that. Our weeds were really high and the mower wasn’t too happy with that, but the yard now looks as if someone cared, sometime. At the end of my turn I came too close to the tarp we have over a pallet of potting soil. The tarp was quickly taken into the blades of the mower. :0( My husband had to cut it out. Thank goodness, it all came out and things were fine again.
We’re planning to mow again with the level lower after the rains come and go this week and the yard has a chance to dry again. We need to order a starter solenoid now, so it will start more easily, and a new muffler would be nice. Since the model we have is selling at WalMart for $1900+, and we got ours for $400, having to replace some things doesn’t seem that bad.
We rested a bit and then piled into the truck to go to Sharum’s, our local nursery again. Today we bought a replacement rose bush for the Rio Samba that died. This is something completely different. I’ll take pics when we get it planted.
We also bought 7 Wave Petunia plants for the deck. We got purple, burgundy, red, and white. We also brought some plant that has glow-in-the-dark bright neon orange flowers I HAVE to put somewhere. We got two large pots of impatiens for the front porch. I’m going to rest a bit and then get out and get planting! I love this time of year!