Tag Archives: Life Lessons by AwePost
One of the GOOD things about getting older is that you learn to live life at a bit slower pace and NOTICE all the good things around you. My husband and I remark from time to time how GOOD our life is. We have our problems, of course, but so much of our life is really great.
- The fact that we have each other – that we truly love each other, rather than just staying put because separating would be difficult. The things we get angry about are very small, annoying things, things that matter little in the long run.
- We’re happy with the life we’ve built together sharing love for over 56 years, and marriage that will be 48 years next month.
- We created a son who is a delightful individual. Smarter, kinder, and more generous than his parents. A GOOD human being with a good head on his shoulders.
- We love our home on top of our ridge line. We see people as often as we like, unless they’re too far away. We have privacy, a nice home, a great view, and a happy lifestyle.
- We can afford to get a new puppy when our hearts have been broken by the loss of a true friend. We’re retired, so we can devote the time needed to try to raise a well-mannered, happy dog from this ‘energizer bunny heavy ball of fluff with teeth and claws we adopted.
- We can grow flowers to lift our spirits whenever we go outside, and a garden to try to grow healthy veggies, PLUS a planned greenhouse to start them in.
- Our health problems remain ‘fixable’ or ‘controllable’ at this point – a blessing, indeed.
- We have friends and relatives who remind us of all the good in the world.
Happy are We!
I’ve made a lot of progress in being happy. Mostly, I just REALIZE and APPRECIATE. I’m working on this list, too.