I’ve added trying to hold the plank pose to my daily yoga practices. Opinions vary as to my efforts thus far.
GLASS HALF EMPTY: Pathetic that I’m only able to count to 27 while holding the pose. AND I’m probably counting too fast.
GLASS HALF FULL: I started with a count of only 10 and am now able to hold it to the count of 27 before collapsing. It’s all relative.
GLASS IS REFILLABLE: I’m slowly building a bit of strength in my core. Just like everything else at my age, it’ll take awhile to get to anything reasonable. I remind myself that when I first started with yoga stretches, I was unable to –
- Even THINK about bending over and touching my toes
- Put my hands over my head and onto the floor while lying on my back
- Get down on the floor and up again without the use of a crane (or some furniture)
- Get close to doing a sit up or other abdominal exercises or poses
- Even THINK about sitting on my knees
Today is DAY 125 of my daily yoga practice. I’m about to leave to get a glorious massage. I’m about the luckiest old lady on the planet. :0)
I hope that you are doing good things for yourself, too.