Once I got over the initial disappointment at my efforts on the sun/moon wall hanging painting, I got excited about a do-over, trying to make it come out more as I had hoped.
This is the picture and design my husband found on the net. There is a LOT of shading involved, and I chose the wrong color for the background initially. Yesterday we got another sample can mixed at Yeagers and I got busy.
This is the initial try. I didn’t like the background color of the sun, and my husband didn’t like the shading. Other than that…. :0)
I got more of a coppery brown color for the sun this time. Yesterday I scraped off a LOT of the paint and all of the accent lines. I then rubbed in the new background color with a cloth. Today I’ll use a sponge on the sun to get rid of the remaining ‘lines.’
When that is done, I’m going to mask off a lot of the painting and try using an air brush to do the shading.
It’s fun to learn a new technique. I’ve never done air brushing. I’ve seen some beautiful work that can be done with one by someone who knows what he/she is doing. I’m just hoping for a more subtle shading.
Wish me luck!