Welcome to the greenhouse! We have a door and an inside and outside now. Come in!
This is the exhaust fan end of the building. As you can see, there is a lot of work to be done to stretch and staple the film on. The plans we got say, essentially, ‘wad it up and staple it.”
This is the outside. You can see we need to gather up excess film. I plan to fold up the largest pieces to hopefully use if we need repairs. We also need to get rid of the excess black weed barrier sheet on the exhaust fan end.
We cut 4×8 sheets of plywood lengthwise to make 8 x 2 foot ‘tables.’ We also cut up two of these to make the tables 12 feet long. We put 2×4 on the edges underneath to keep the tables from sagging in the middle. We put the plywood on sawhorses.
We’re really amazed at how sturdy everything is. It’s not all completely level, but life is never perfect. You can see the mounted exhaust fan in this picture. We’ll add some electricity to the greenhouse and a thermostat so that the fan comes on to air things out when it gets too hot inside.
Here you can see the opposite side table. It’s a nice “U” shaped space with storage for tall stuff in the corner and lots of place to put things underneath the tables. I’ll have a wonderful amount of space to grow seeds in their various stages until they’re planted either in the square foot garden, the tomato planters, or in the flower planters.
We worked on the film on the exhaust fan end this morning. I’ll take more pics today to show you.