Okay. My husband and I have been doing a TERRIBLE job lately on following our low carb diet, exercising, and getting healthier. We have lots and lots of excuses, none of which actually hold water when held up to the light – (to mix a bunch of metaphors and clichés’.)
Last night we agreed that Monday morning we’re going to start being adults again. To this end, we enjoyed KFC last night, and we’re going to Subway tonight for the condemned “last meal.”
This morning I started getting ready to be seriously good. I made a careful list of menus for the coming week and a grocery list to go with it. When we returned from shopping, I started cooking.
- I have a rump roast in the crock pot which is starting to smell really good.
- I hard-boiled a dozen eggs
- I cut up a huge bowl of celery to go with the baby carrots and cherry tomatoes we eat with a low carb dip.
- I made sugar-free banana puddings for my husband
- And sugar-free chocolate puddings for me.
- I made low carb sausage balls.
- I’m going back to listing everything I eat on MyFitnessPal.com, trying to stay under 40 carbs and 1200 calories per day. I’m building in a reward of an orange dream bar each evening into the count, as I did before.
- I’m going to start drinking a lot more water, trying for at least 48 oz daily.
- I’m going back to doing whatever amount of time I can on the elliptical every day.
- I’m going to do at least one lesson in yoga daily.
I KNOW I can do this. NO MORE EXCUSES! NO MORE WEAKNESS! Wish me luck?