I told you that I cooked a lot yesterday.
My husband asked me today if I had put more Jello Sugar Free Banana Pudding on the shopping list. :0)
He also raved about the meatloaf! He asked me to put this recipe on the ones we do over and over again.
I got this recipe in the Low Carb section of a website called, “Christy Jordan’s Southern Plate.”
Susan’s To Die For Low Carb Meatloaf
- 1 envelope Onion Soup Mix
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup No Fructose Ketchup ( I used reduced sugar)
- 3/4 cup crushed PORK RINDS (crush, then measure)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using clean hands, mix together all ingredients in a large bowl until well blended.
- Place two ends from a loaf of bread, end to end, onto the surface of a 9″x13″ baking dish (I used hamburger buns)
- Form the meat mixture into a loaf, on top of the bread slices.
- Squeeze a little more ketchup on top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
To take this meatloaf over the moon, heat each slice on a sizzling hot cast iron griddle skillet, putting a crusty sear on both sides! Peel off the bread from the bottom of the meatloaf and give it to your 4-legged children. Tails will wag and they will love you forever!
I used ground turkey instead of ground chicken. It came in a 3 lb. package, so I divided it roughly into thirds, freezing the other two pounds separately. I was a bit worried because the meat mixture was much softer than I’m used to having when forming the loaf. I went ahead and followed directions and it was REALLY, REALLY good. :0)